Saturday 04/09: 9.30 AM - 8 PM
Sunday 05/09: 9.30 AM - 6 PM
Please contact the ticket support via our ticket shop:
- If you want to refund your ticket for the opening weekend
- If you wan to rebook your ticket to another time slot or date within the opening weekend
Description of the exhibition
Everyone, from diehard fashion fans to curious passersby, is invited to the opening weekend to come and enjoy an inclusive line-up full of exhibits, outdoor projects, free workshops, entertainment, walks and activities for all ages.
MoMu will be the central hub and the starting point of ‘Fashion 2.021’. Visitors to the renovated building can choose from five types of ticket combinations through pre-booking and this at a temporary reduced rate. Thanks to the different formulas, ticket holders can either (re)discover the museum on their own or upgrade their visit with a free guided tour or workshop. There is a suitable offer for every interest, age, group and weekend schedule.
Pavilion with open doors
As a festive highlight to the opening weekend, a temporary pavilion will also be opened on the Vrijdagmarkt. This is where the opening weekend workshops will take place. There will also be a 'market', where visitors can follow MoMu workshops such as lacemaking, beadwork and screen printing in demo-preview, before they take place later in the year
We think it's very important to take the museum into the public space and make it visible in the city.
Workshops for children, adult and families
During the reopening weekend, we invite you and your friends/family to get creative during our workshops!
- Workshop for children: By cutting small and large holes in paper, patterns are created that are reminiscent of lace of the past. We will play with paper and investigate what we can do with this material: fold, cut, draw or colour it. The end result will be a lace collar made of paper. This workshop is inspired by the exhibition 'P.LACE.S – Looking Through Antwerp Lace’ (on view from September 25th, 2021) and is designed for children from 8 to 12 years. MoMu will provide all the material.
- workshop for adults: In this initiation visible mending, we introduce you to a few recovery techniques that you can use to repair your clothing. Moreover, we will help you to transform your ‘lost’ garment into a unique piece. A stain or a hole in your favourite pair of trousers or dress? Bring it with you! We’re going to turn this into an eye-catcher with embroidery or by adding appliqué work. We celebrate imperfection and instead of hiding it, we are going to take your garment to the next level. What you need: A beloved item of clothing with a hole or a stain. This workshop lasts one hour. We will help you on your way to repair or embellish your garment. Don’t have a piece of clothing that you need to repair but still want to master the technique? No worries, MoMu will provide pieces of fabric on which you can practice the techniques.
- workshop for families: By cutting small and large holes in paper, patterns are created that are reminiscent of lace of the past. We will play with paper and investigate what we can do with this material: fold, cut, draw or colour it. The end result will be a lace collar made of paper. This workshop is inspired by the exhibition 'P.LACE.S – Looking Through Antwerp Lace’ (on view from September 25th, 2021) and is designed for children from 8 to 12 years. MoMu will provide all the material.
Places are limited! Book a workshop here
Outdoor projects and installations
Visitors can also enjoy free entertainment and art installations in the connecting area between Vrijdagmarkt and Nationalestraat.
The opening weekend is also the moment to explore the 'Fashion Balls' project. With ‘Fashion 2.021’, MoMu invites everyone to experience fashion culture from day one.
Descubre Moda 2.021
«Moda 2.021 Amberes – Moda/Responsable» es el ambicioso programa de reapertura iniciado por MoMu – el Museo de la Moda de Amberes -, en colaboración con el Ayuntamiento de Amberes y VISITFLANDERS.
Otras exposiciones MoMu que puedes ver
Además de «E/MOTION. Moda en transición», en MoMu podrás visitar otras dos exposiciones durante la reapertura:
«P.LACE.S - El lado oculto de Amberes a través de sus encajes» & «Presentación de la colección - Moda de la colección del MoMu»